Dr. Yuan is a registered patent agent in the firm’s Electronics group, where she assists in patent prosecution and analysis. Her technical areas of expertise includes electrical and electronics engineering and software. Dr. Yuan has extensive technical experience in the areas of semiconductors devices, microfabrication, nanotechnology, circuits, laboratory testing, internet applications, medical devices, control systems, and telecommunications.
Prior to joining Sterne Kessler, Dr. Yuan has two years of experience as a technical specialist at an IP boutique in northern Virginia, where she handled prosecution of hundreds of patent applications in electronics and software related matters, such as semiconductor manufacturing, display technology, internet applications, smart appliances, and internet technology.
Dr. Yuan earned her Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from University of Virginia, where she published nine peer-viewed papers in semiconductor sensing devices and methods. Dr. Yuan developed various types of semiconductor sensors that can be used for imaging, medical appliances, and industrial gas sensing. In addition, Dr. Yuan was a research assistant in China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation.
- J Yuan, B Chen, AL Holmes, “Improved Quantum Efficiency of InGaAs/InP Photodetectors using Ti/Au-SiO2 Phase-Matched-Layer Reflector”, Electronics Letters, October, 2012
- Jinrong Yuan, Yaojia Chen, Archie L. Holmes, Joe C Campbell, “Design, Fabrication, and Characterizations of Novel Multispectral Photodetectors Using Postgrowth Fabry–Perot Optical Filters for Simultaneous Near Infrared/Short-Wave Infrared Detection”, IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, Vol. 50, Issue 11, Nov. 2014
- Jinrong Yuan, Baile Chen, Archie L. Holmes, “Near-Infrared Quantum Efficiency of Uncooled Photodetectors Based On InGaAs/GaAsSb Quantum Wells Lattice-Matched To InP”, Electronic Letters, Vol. 47 Issue 20, October, 2011
- Baile Chen, Weiyang Jiang, Jinrong Yuan, Archie L. Holmes, Bora. M. Onat, “SWIR/MWIR InP-Based P-I-N Photodiodes With InGaAs/GaAsSb Type-II Quantum Wells”, IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, Vol. 47, Issue 9, 2011
- Baile Chen, Weiyang Jiang, Jinrong Yuan, Archie L. Holmes, Bora. M. Onat, “Demonstration of a Room-Temperature InP-Based Photodetector Operating Beyond 3 μm”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 23, Issue 4, 2011
- Baile Chen, Jinrong Yuan, A. L. Holmes, “Dark Current Modeling of InP Based SWIR And MWIR InGaAs/GaAsSb Type-II MQW Photodiodes”, Optical and Quantum Electronics, March 2013, Vol 45, Issue 3, pp 271-277
- Wenjie Chen, Baile Chen, Jinrong Yuan, Archie Holmes, and Patrick Fay, “Bulk And Interfacial Deep Levels Observed In In0.53Ga0.47As/GaAs0.5Sb0.5 Multiple Quantum Well Photodiode”, Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 101, Issue 5, 2012
- Baile Chen, Qiugui Zhou, D.C. Mcintosh, Jinrong Yuan, Yaojia Chen, Wenlu Sun, J.C. Campbell, A.L.Holmes, “Natural Lithography Nano-Sphere Texturing As Antireflective Layer on InP-Based PIN Photodiodes”, Electronics Letters, Vol. 48, Issue 21
- Wenjie Chen, Jinrong Yuan, Archie Holmes, Patrick Fay, “Evaluation Of Deep Levels In In0.53Ga0.47As and GaAs0.5Sb0.5 Using Low-Frequency Noise And RTS Noise Characterization”, Physics Status Soli, December 2011